2013 Moffitt Winter/Spring League * Feb 9 - Mar 23
HFDS LEAGUE RULES
Thank you for your support of the Houston Flying Disc Society. HFDS was created to support disc golf and disc related activities in the greater Houston area. The revenue generated from this league will help the club fund activities like maintaining the area courses and supporting area disc golf events.
1. League play is calculated on a point system. Points are awarded each week in each division based on first place receiving 30 points, second place receiving 29 points, etc. Only the players participating that week will receive points. Missed weeks will count as a 0 for that week. Players that do not complete their round will receive 0 for that week. In the event of ties, the players will split the accumulated points of the point slots. (Example: Three players tie for first. Each would be awarded 29 pts, which is a split of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd point slots.)
2. The accumulated points for each week will determine the players rank in each division.
3. The league will run 6 weeks with a league party the following week.
4. Each players highest 4 scores will count toward league total.
5. League fees are $25 with a $5 discount for active HFDS club members.
6. Only the scores posted after league fees are paid will be tabulated.
7. Play must begin between 1:00 and 1:30 PM on a staggered start basis each Saturday.
8. Card groupings are left up to league participants. It is strongly recommended that cards consist of at least three players and no more than four.
9. The top half of the amateur field will be awarded 60% merchandise payout
10. The top third of the gold field will be awarded 80% cash payout
11. It is your responsibility to turn in scorecards to league officials.
12. Please put full names and the correct date on scorecards.
13. The first week of league began on 2/9. The last scoring week of this league is 3/23.
14. There is a mando played only from the #15 regular tee box. You must throw to the left of the closet tree on the right of the fairway. If you miss the mando, you must re-tee with penalty as many times as it takes you to clear the mando. If you are short of the mando and can play your next shot through, you may proceed without penalty.
15. Have fun or go home!
HFDS ACE POT RULES
The HFDS ace pot is a completely voluntary event that coincides with all HFDS events. It originated in 1993 with the idea that there is no better trophy for a well earned ace, than the money from your fellow golfer's pockets.
· The ace must occur during HFDS play at an HFDS event.
· An ace is the completion of a hole in one throw from the tee box resulting in the scoring of one.
· The disc must come to rest supported by either the chains or the bottom basket.
· If a disc does not remain supported by the chains or bottom basket before the player retrieves it, it is no longer a completed hole.
· A disc landing on top of the basket does not count as a completed hole and another throw must be counted to place the disc in the chains or bottom basket
· An ace on a mulligan throw does count as an official score and is eligible to collect the ace pot.
· Entry fee is one dollar.
· You must be a paid participant in the HFDS event to be eligible to participate in the HFDS ace pot.
· It is not mandatory to participate in the ace pot at every HFDS event, but participants must pay BEFORE each HFDS event to be eligible to win during that event. It is YOUR responsibility to make sure Conrad Joe receives your entry fee before the event.
· The ace must be corroborated by at least two other event participants.
· The ace must be in a basket. Object aces pay only a pat on the back.
· In the event of multiple aces, the purse will be split accordingly.
· The ace pot will be capped at $500 and a second ace pot will build concurrently with proceeds above capped amount.
· Only one ace pot will be available during an event/round. Concurrent ace pot will be available at the following event/round from the one that the first ace pot was awarded.
These rules were established to ensure fairness to all players
1. You must purchase your mulligan ticket for $1.00 before each round of play from appointed persons.
2. You can use your mulligan to replace any one throw during the round. That means if you use your mulligan, it becomes your official throw and replaces your original throw no matter what. You do not get to choose the better shot.
3. To use your mulligan, you must first announce to your group your intention immediately after your throw. The mulligan is only good for the round on the day of purchase. If you do not use it, you lose it. No exceptions.
4. For each mulligan you buy you will receive one raffle ticket for prize drawings at the end of league party.
LEAGUE DIRECTOR – Conrad Joe
* No league play on 2/23 due to the Ice Bowl
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.