Re: The first Tuesday of every month!
At the June 1st meeting at approximately 7 pm at Jax Grill, Mr. Ed, in his duties as Director of Compliance - Sergent-in-Arms called the meeting to Order. It appearing that approximately 11 people were in attendance, Mr. Ed proceeded with the meeting.
Agenda: (1) Regular Monthly Meeting
Old Business: (1) Review club financial report, of note: $40 per month for storage unit;
(2) Should we keep the $40 per mo. storage unit, wait and see if still have use, Jeff M. to inventory the Storage Unit, maybe could get smaller less expensive unit;
(3) discussions of other uses for those funds;
(4) Larry to assist Patrick in getting the email list for promotions newsletter
(1) Richard F. advised that if HFDS is going to seek non-profit incorporation status then regarding the club meeting minutes contemporaneous with the meetings should be made and there should be a written policy regarding the taking of the minutes and that The Club should have written policies such as a reimbursement policy, a policy for certain smaller and necessary expenditures that cannot await a club meeting for approval and reducing to writing the currently existing Club's policies that are not in writing and policies to include in a policy manual to provide a guide to those that will govern HFDS into the future as well.
(2) Richard F. presented a proposal for a written policy for HFDS Endorsements and/or Sponsorships of proposals to Parks & Rec. Deprtments and similar entities that impact disc golf courses, highlights are a presidential appointed committee with limited authority that can among other things review proposals and make recommendations to the club, and the club voted to review the proposal and consider the proposal at the next meeting. Discussions of the needs of such a policy and possible pros and cons followed. The Club voted 5 to 3 to delay a vote on the proposal until further review of the proposal could be made.
(3) Chuck brought up discussions of a disc olympics and suggestions were made. All present were supportive of the idea and a consensus was additional information should be obtained and the matter revisited after consulting with some who have run a similar event before, the Texas States Flying Disc Championships.