June 7, 2011 @ 7 pm at Jax’s Grill
10 Attendees: Richard F., Derek L., Conrad J., Mr Ed., Jeff M. Dave N. Lance C. Andi Y., Larry K. and one other person.
1. Received and reviewed a copy of the TxStates numbers from Andi for SV Mobile Pro Shop and additional supplemental invoice for Putters. TxStates final numbers from TD due. Re: NSF check from States, a promise of payment has been made. Estimate current Treasury is ~ $7,400.
May's numbers were 93 current members, last membership number issued was #838, Mr. Ed will supplement the latest membership numbers.
Fundraising Event Ace Race for Concrete for Moffitt,
"Buzz v. Roc
", all day ace race, (see May's meeting summary) August 27th
Texas States Summary
1. In the Black
was not a financial loss for the club, so far.
2. excellent merchandise sponsorship and vendor/sponsors
Spring Valley Mobile Pro Shop and others was excellent.
3. Expensive Security fee
was very high, a couple of thousand dollars, and we need to see about understanding if another option for security could be available based upon perhaps a different location of headquarters and the beer garden.
4. Need Better Sponsorship Vehicle
for obtaining sponsorships perhaps more like the breakdown for US Women’s sponsorship formats.
5. More Players This Year
as 21 Hole format courses allowed more players than last couple of years.
6. Organizational and accounting concerns
were raised. In response,
a. great amount of additional tasks to be performed that ordinarily did not have to be performed get the course ready;
b. this was the week before U.S. masters which spread volunteer resources thinner;
c. first time for their crew and should be taken into consideration when evaluating the tournament; and
d. We were able to use the vehicle to improve the quality of the course and to make in-rounds with local authorities.
7. Next Year
just an A Tier, not an NT, need to decide in next 60 days if will decide to change venue or change organizational crew. If so where and who? Neal D. not available to volunteer next year.
a. Other options include back to Bass or some other venue or
b. holding Ams and Pros at different locations requiring additional volunteers. Dual venue of Bass and Brooks was suggested.
c. If Nez to run he would be wanting a more festival atmosphere with a variety of expositional disc and Frisbee sports.
d. other options as well and may be easiest that same event and same crew would improve overall quality by next year.
Texas High School Champs
suggested that grants be requested from PDGA for this purpose, make a proposal with expenditures for disc golf equipment and obtain volunteer instructors.
Army Trail Report
Andi Y. reports that
1. 10 baskets are sponsored and need 8 more sponsors. Sponsorship per basket is $500. S V Pro Shop underwriting.
2. Still need volunteers to help install make-ready the course with Saturday workdays for next 3 weeks.
3. Sunday mini is at 5pm on 6/12/11. Then the next mini is on Saturday 6/18/11 at 5 pm, and expected to run a mini each Saturday evening at the course to continue the fundraising to pay back the loan for purchase of the baskets until funds are repaid.
Moffitt Bag-Tag Challenge Tourney
Club approved proposal for $250 for Michelle D.’s proposal of a Bag Tag Challenge from last month.
Agnes Moffitt Concrete Tee Boxes
- Private Donors/Funds Larry K. pays for $100 for concrete for Moffitt starting the Moffitt Concrete Fund. Houston Parks & Rec. frowns on a sponsorship plaque on the tee-box. Perhaps one on the basket could be allowed, will inquire.
- HFDS Treasury $1,000 suggested to come from HFDS treasury, to at least underwrite/front the project. Richard F. to conduct a poll on the webpage. Richard F. to prepare poll and send to Mr. Ed. for advice and input. Better to loan for the effort than to just donate treasury without taking a poll of the club membership.
- Moffitt Concrete Expense Awaiting City's numbers on cost.
- Paragon Club Promotion costs $12 for a Shirt, Towel and Bag-Tag with club brand suggested retail $20-$25. Suggested we should make the renewal fee of membership for next year more. Need to work out how will impact family memberships and longer term memberships and whether to do it every year or just when someone’s first membership. Perhaps give members an option. Tabled.
Non-Scheduled New Business:
- U.S. Women's Sponsorship club votes to sponsor $250
- Hole sponsors Club passes vote for $500 for a Basket at Texas Army Trail. Andi Y. will pick the hole that HFDS shall sponsor.
- Meeting Minutes to be published in open forum rather than members only area on Message Board
- New Map-Sign at Bass tabled until next meeting