Re: Course Conditions
We played Seabrook on Saturday evening, our first round since Ike. The storm has had a major impact on the course. Here's a hole by hole summary:
1. The basket is gone. Some of the big trees about 30 feet from the tee box are gone, but not the main one directly ahead. On Saturday there was a temporary basket set up (thanks!).
2. Many trees down, especially along the ditch. Near the basket there were some big trees that were in the process of being cut up and dragged away.
3. Holy crap. We skipped playing this one due to all the felled trees. In many places the tree canopies made the gap to throw only a few feet wide. When the trees are cleaned out though, I think this hole will become easier.
4. I'd say about 50% of the big trees in the woods between hole's two and four are gone. It's going to be much easier to find discs in the woods now. This hole had the most changes; basically opening it up. I got my best first throw on this hole ever on Saturday.
5. Nothing's changed.
6. The tee box lost it's logs and there are a number of downed trees around the basket, but otherwise totally playable.
7. & 8. Nothing's changed. There is a smell around these two though.
9. No significant changes.
The city of Seabrook doesn't have a lot to do to get this course back in fully playable condition. I'd like to see the new Tee boxes in but until that happens, you can totally make a round here enjoyable.