August 2, 2011
11 Attendees: Richard F., Derek L., Stefani L., Patrick B., Conrad J., Mister Ed., Larry K., Jeff M., Richard A.. Marshall B. and one other person.
Financial Report Conrad J.
's report reviewed and approved, $6,718.90, of note, $580 for TxStates 2011 NT Sanctioning Fee
reported by Mr. Ed
to be over 120 Members
by Patrick B.
HFDS Stamp Discs are ordered. Cost: $634.06 to Discraft and $633 to Innov. Aug. 27th Buzzz v. Roc Ace Challenge
starts at 8 am until approx. 8 pm. If 80 people participate and take 4 rounds over the course of the day, then the entry fees will be approx. $3,000; Richard F.
volunteers to assist Patrick B. with running the event. We will have HFDS water coolers. Marshall B.
states that City can provide the water and the Ice. Patrick B.
to coordinate with Marshall B.
Texas High School Championships Patrick B.
spoke with Ryan,a high school teacher who has run it two years in a row as a local event in West Texas near Lubbock. Perhaps HFDS could run it in Houston in January of 2012 or 2013. If 2012, must decide by next month. Marshall B.
indicates City and HPARD could help with the event by coordination with HISD, hotel discounts and also possibly transportation, subject to approval. Discussions of possible host families. Suggested that discounted hotel rates are better, and one specific hotel area best to coordinate transportation with City and/or HISD, preferably near the venue. The redesigned Jester or the Mozola Plus 12 Temps are both suitable with easy freeway access, nearby hotel and points of interest tourist locations.
Texas Army Trail Report
All 18 Baskets are in. TAT being measured for a parking lot and expected that once parking lot is constructed the opening will soon follow. Currently open for the minis on the weekends, singles and bring your partner doubles. For more information see http://www.texasarmytrail.com/Defaul...ookieSupport=1
Moffitt Tee Boxes
need to acquire additional bids from contractors that reflect today's prices. (As of the date of the writing of these minutes, I believe HFDS is 1/2 to the goal of $7,200.)
T. C. Jester Redesign
will be approximately a month before before the additional baskets go in Phase One estimated to be approx. 8/10 (as of the positing of these minutes that date has been rescheduled by the city and is expected to be this coming Tuesday) to move existing baskets and Phase Two is to install the additional baskets. HFDS volunteers to assist in install of baskets.
Additional Fundraising Tournament for Moffitt Tee-Boxes
decision made to wait and see what are the amounts of August Fundraising efforts before deciding if an additional fundraiser tournament is necessary. Need to see about net proceeds from Buzzz v. Roc Challenge
August 27th, 2011 fundraising tournament (for details see http://www.hfds.org/vbull/showthread.php?t=1009
) and proceeds from sales of the HFDS Club Logo Stamped fundraiser discs before planning another fundraiser as well as status of donations. Tabled until next meeting.
Fundraising Tournament at Shawshank
Club still needs to plan fundraising to repay club treasury for underwriting Baskets for Jester and Concrete for Moffitt. Larry K.
will advise. Tabled until next meeting
New Map/Sign for Tom Bass Richard F.
to follow-up with Neal D.
Also, Jeff M.
to provide Bass Course history to Marshall B
Disc Golf Application and HFDS Website
link to app. posted by message board subscriber, considered inconsequential. Regarding Banner Ads, continue to provide to our sponsors Rick's Darts & Games and DG Consultants. Perhaps seek additional sponsors and provide banner ad info. in exchange for sponsorship.
Website Renewal Status Larry K.
is handling, deadline off in future, and he will take care of it prior to deadline and advise.
- Sponsorship Requests BBP donation suggested. Derek L. to investigate and will advise. Political donations brought up and suggested better to avoid any political contributions and leave that to individual members of the club.
- Non-Scheduled New Business Club voted to purchase 20 Sets in Paragon Club shirt promotion, and then use those 20 to promote the deal when Membership drive this Fall and Winter occurs. Conrad J. volunteered to handle the 20 set promotional purchase.
- Eberly Ranch Mr. Ed advises that the Fall Calendar very Full and he is looking at early 2012 and will advise.
- New Pic-Nic Tables at Mac Gregor that are in fairway are problematic. Discussions. Marshall B. will investigate and report back.
- Reforestation Derek L. contacted TreesforHouston, who is interested, but Moffitt would have to wait until after concrete boxes install is complete to prevent damage to seedlings. Regarding MacGregor, can and should proceed on that now to make arrangements over next 90 days for a winter planting workday at MacGregor. Derek L. and Mr. Ed to coordinate with TreesforHouston and Marshall B. shall assist with contacting Parks & Rec.'s Forester.