September 6, 2011
10 Attendees: Richard F., Derek L., Stefani L., Patrick B., Conrad J., Mister Ed., Larry K., Jeff M., Richard A., and Chuck C.
Financial Report Conrad J.
's report reviewed and approved total is $6,333.96.
Concrete for Moffitt Fund $1,748.74 net revenue after spending the following:
- $275.50 on Bag tags with another 100 tags to be delivered Sept. 12th
- $1,267.06 spent on merchandise for Buzzz v. Roc
- Patrick B. advises the revenue and donations from Buzzz v. Roc is ~$2,200;
- Plus additional $400 donations at the meeting (Richard A. $200, Mr. Ed $100, Richard F. $100) makes the current Moffitt Concrete Fund Total ~$4,400 plus $1,500 underwritten equals a total of $5,900*.
- * Bag-Tag fundraising continues, awaiting accounting from Michele D. on Paypal revenue, delivery of additional 100 tags to be delivered 9/12, and club approves and ratifies by vote Richard F. authorizing purchase of additional 100 Tags from funds on Michele B.'s Paypal account.
- Per Eric J.'s current google doc the Total Membership numbers issued: 848 Current Active memberships: 121
- Paragon Shirt Deal 20 Shirts to be delivered in next couple of days 20 Shirts, Towels and Tags. Shirts are Royal Blue cost is $12 per Shirt + 2 for XXL, and shipping came out to $31. Decided should consider $2 up charge for shipping and handling with difference to go to club revenue. Thus, $14 cost for shirt ($16 for XXL). This set of 20 will be used to evaluate whether to use for a membership benefit.
by Patrick B.
Texas High School Championships
- Buzzz v. Roc. Approx 1/3 rd of Buzz and Roc discs continue to be sold at $15 per disc including by league directors;
- Birdshot Sponsorship Promotion. HFDS usually sponsors $250 for Birdshot Finale each year. Patrick B. proposes $250 Sponsorship plus an additional $250 Sponsorship if between now and through the Nov. 5th day of Birdshot Finale, Birdshot can sign-up 20 new members for HFDS. Approved by acclamation.
- $80 in shipping expenses. Club approves by vote Patrick B. receiving 4 discs ($20 for each disc) from Roc v. Buzz inventory as compensation for shipping expense.
- Meet and Greet Fall Membership Event. Perhaps combine with either night golf or another fundraising event at Moffitt. Will inquire about requirements to bring a keg out, at perhaps Mozola, like Buffalo Bayou Partnership did. Derek L. will inquire with BBP and report to Patrick B. Could get Southern Star to Sponsor.
After discussions club decides to be the sponsoring club to run an event in Houston with HFDS-Birdshot-DG Consultants likely being co-title sponsors. Logistics and details to be worked out. Marshall B.
and Houston Parks and Rec. involvement needed.
Moffitt Tee Boxes
$5,900* Fund (See Above)
T. C. Jester Redesign
Houston Parks & Rec. auger broke. Work to resume on Friday.
Additional Fundraising Tournament for Moffitt Tee-Boxes
need a volunteer to run it. Another Bag tag Challenge?
Fundraising Tournament at Shawshank Larry K.
's running an HFDS fundraiser at Shawshank. (Steve D
. had previously suggested a handcuff shaped bag-tag for a Shawshank Bag Tag Challenge). Larry K.
will seek to schedule a date with Steve D.
before the next club meeting.
New Map/Sign for Tom Bass
Tabled until next month. Richard F.
needs to contact Neal 200. Chris M.
had emailed a proposal to do sign in exchange for HFDS sponsorship of a basket for League City course. Decided need to followup with Neal D. regarding time of delivery by Neal 200
- Sponsorship Requests Club approves by vote $250 for Waterloo and PYMWYMI $100 (See above regarding $250+$250 for Birdshot).
- Non-Scheduled New Business None
- Eberly Ranch Mr. Ed advises that tentatively scheduled for December 3rd.