January 3, 2012
13 Attendees: Stefani L., Derek L., Chuck DP Discer, Larry K., Billy G., Lance C., Dennis W., Patrick B., Ed M., Andi Y., Don Y., Stimpy, Conrad J., Richard F., Nez.
Financial Report Conrad J.
's report reviewed and approved by club vote, $10,325.05, of which $4,716.74 in Concrete for Moffitt Fund
- Memberships in-flux due to expiration on Dec. 31st, tabled
by Patrick B.
Texas High School Championships Patrick B.
- Re: PayPal Account vote to obtain Paypal account approved for memberships on-line, Larry K. to get with Nez to create an email address. Derek L. to set up account. Suggested to avoid selling merch. on-line as customer service time. To process.
provided summary of events planned. Issue with Saturday Plastic Fantastic. Dennis W.
may be able to help with location. Also discussion of performance clinics and Symposium including parks and rec. and their affiliates. (ed.– since meeting minutes Tx High School Championships has been postponed)
Moffitt Tee Boxes Richard F.
finalized sponsorship letter. Will make inquiry with Trent R.
of The Houston Parks Board re: bids for installation.
Additional Fundraising Tournament for Moffitt Tee-Boxes
Another Bag Tag at Moffitt, we have additional tags.
New Map/Sign for Tom Bass Nez
advisesin progress. Will have a promotional brochure for Bass with Wilmont on one side and Powell on the other park rules.
Texas States Nez
advises that redesign in progress for holes on Wilmont, getting with Jerry C.
- Sponsorship Requests Texas Women’s DGC www.texaswomensdgc.com sponsorship letter presented . Andi Y. tournament coordinator, Don Y. tournament director and Patrick B. asst. tournament director multiple sponsorship options from $150, $125, $100, $50 and 25 levels sponsorships and $25 caddy sponsorship
- Bryan B. suggested through Andi Y. that HFDS hold $1 out of each entry fee for a year from every event, mini, and league to increase Ice Bowl #s. Northsides Minis are already doing so. HFDS has purchased the Traveler basket and merch. for the Icebowl event. Could more easily run other events along the way to raise funds.
- Spring Valley DGC and Knights of Columbus are going to hold a Golf-A-Thon and Disc-Golf-a-Thon, more details to come
- Suggested that HFDS run a Ladies league to be run at Jester on Thursdays
- Texas Army Trail breast cancer research Fundraiser Tournament “TAT 4 TIT”
- Moffitt Show Date?, need to look at the schedule