Re: 17th Texas State Disc Championships Mar 17-18, 2012 - Tom Bass Park
Work Day at Tom Bass on Sunday, 26 February at 8am
- Texas States Fundraiser Disc Golf Round by DGC-Birdshot at ~1pm, Entry fee will be $20 with all of the proceeds going to Texas States. The plan is to play the States "Tourney" course if possible...if that doesn't work out then we'll play The Wilmont instead....I'm asking everyone to bring either new or slightly used good plastic for payout...and we can collect a dollar from everyone for ace pot & throw off a CTP if nobody hits it
- Canine Demo/Dry Run at ~11am? Leroy & Eugene - Is this still in the plan? Do you want to move it to noon?
- Ultimate Demo/Dry Run at ~11am? Melvin, Asif & Sean - Is this still in the plan? Do you want to move it to noon?
This is our only work day scheduled to support this year's Texas States, and we have a few things needed to do. So spread the word to all the disc communities (golfers, canine & ultimate folks) and let's have a basic dry run afterwards to learn any problems we might run into
Here's a partial list of what we need to do:
- clean up ultimate-canine cricket area
- paint & fix benches as needed
- fix baskets as needed
- fix and paint temp disc golf tee signage
- paint bulletin boards for 3 disc golf courses, Canine and Ultimate
- converting the old TX outline signs for use as a) designated parking; b) directions from outside park to park; c) next tee; d) big ones for Canine & Ultimate area. Will need paint
- dig up and reposition sleeve for Tourney #1, Wilmont #3
- attach new flag pole inserts to all permanent baskets
Things we will need:
- Paint: Thanks Jerry!
- Other paint: colors for TX outline parking signs (green)? color for TX outline directional signs (red)? For next tee signs (white)?
- Concrete: 1.5 bags in container. I will pick up 2 more bags
- Amdro- for killing red ants - I will pick up
- Roundup - for pinpoint killing of nettles in Canine/Ultimate area. I will pick up
- ?fertilizer & grass seed/sod? -for canine & ultimate fields - worth doing anything here? Can Precinct One help at all?
- wheel: for marking ultimate & canine fields [Leroy or Melvin?]
- basic tools if you can, like shovel, post hole digger, hammer, electric screwdriver, old rags, bucket and sponges
- bring and wear gloves and safety glasses
- i'll buy colored paint and paint brushes and turpentine for cleaning.