Apr. 3, 2012 Meeting
8 Attendees: Richard F., Mr. Ed, Conrad J., Larry K., Jim G.
, Jeff M.
, David N., and Lance C.
Financial Report Conrad J.
's report reviewed and approved by club vote, $7,724.13 is club funds
, not including the $5,256.74
in Concrete for Moffitt Fund.
- Memberships 81
Moffitt Tee Boxes
- Flyers put up at courses for Leagues. Facebook events created for HFDS leagues
- Need to Circulate the yahoo group information to the members to be added to it
- Need to have a re-chartering of the club charter and create a curriculum cv/resume for the club with a list of all the accomplishments to provide to local parks and recreation departments
awaiting final approvals
New Sign/Map for Bass Richard R.
had maps for states, and with some input by ERic J.
's will have ready to print brochure. By next meeting expect to have costs for printing. With regard to the new signs, will make inquiries about bids for proper materials and install, also will check with Safeway signs through Mr. Ed.
- Sponsorship Requests Inquiry about Dax and Kayla sponsorship. Club policy has been not to sponsor individuals because it can lead to hurt feeling if some get sponsored and others do not. Decided that HFDS is willing to provide promotions support by allowing the use of the HFDS marketing like emails blasts, Facebook page event feature and the www.hfds.org website to be used to ask membership and others to sponsor. Suggested that Dax and Kayla set up some link to one of those websites that provides the portal to provide sponsorship on-line.
- Texas Army Trail Only 6 people at league. Course still needs work, and the number of volunteers has decreased. Need to coordinate a date and time with Chuck H. to ask club membership to be there. Should confirm with local tournament schedule.
- Promotions and Interaction with Local parks & Rec. Departments Use Facebook event function to create a Grand Opening event for Texas Army Trail, and ask disc golfers to attend and express appreciation or to email and telephone Precinct Three and express appreciation. Also do they same for expressing appreciation to Precinct One for Texas States event and use of the facility.
- Raising Funds for HFDS for the $1,500 for baskets for Jester currently have $20 in the Jester Basket Fund and continuing course improvements may use the 100 challenge tags to raise some funds.
- Moffitt Show April 28th Will solicit club members for plastic for payout, will also seek sponsorships from other tournament directors in the state, Dave N., Larry K. and Conrad J. to coordinate on the list.
- TxStates Recap by Dave N. Looks like event will just about break even after resale of some of merchandise at cost. Disc festival did not create the necessary atmosphere to be successful as an overall disc sports festival. Weakness in volunteer support. Volunteer availability was low, prior to Thursday of the event and after Sunday of the Event, meaning Thursday through Sunday evening volunteerism was very high, but pre-event and post event volunteering was distressingly low. Event went smoothly, but not as much cross-fertilization between disc sports as hoped. Economic impact was minimal as only 24 room nights at Hilton Garden Inn. Bass better venue for this sort of event than Brooks. TxStates is maintenance program for Bass. Having TxStates be its own vendor for plastic payout saved a few thousands of dollars. Dave N.’s recommendations:
- Drop the All Disc Sport Festival Concept for next year;
- Continue to Keep TxStates Funds separate from HFDS funds;
- Do better job of soliciting sponsorships otherwise HFDS will have to sponsor
- Reconsider decision not to make the Am winners take Chainstar and Skillshot baskets as payout
- Be more proactive and engage in planning earlier. Need to decide what to so with TxStates next year by end of June. Whether to (i) continue at Bass or go somewhere else, (ii) who will be TD; (iii) how to financially back the event, (iv) should not delay decisions until the Fall; (v) If not ready then take it somewhere else; and (vi) get local artists more involved in logo design.