May 1, 2012 Meeting
7 Attendees: Richard F., Mr. Ed, Conrad J., Larry K., Jim G.
, Jeff M., and Lance C.
Financial Report Conrad J.
's report reviewed and approved by club vote, $7,791.08 is club funds
, not including the $5,276.74
in Concrete for Moffitt Fund.
Girly Station for Texas Women's Doubles called "Best Girly Station Ever". Moffitt Show
raised approx $980 this year. With the $371 in Moffitt How funds is approximately $1,350, and primary sponsors were Spring Valley DG Pro Shop, Waterloo Club, Billy G.
, Cory's Bike Shop.
- Memberships 87, John M. and Jim G. need to get their membership cards
Moffitt Tee Boxes
- Patrick B. advised in writing of less time to volunteer this year expressing concern about meeting volunteer obligations, Club wants Patrick B. to stay even if as a "part-time" Promotions Director and agrees to have lowered expectations this year. Perhaps additional volunteer support can help share the load.
- Do need to do something with left over merchandise from Moffitt Fundraiser and TxHighSchool Champs, suggested it be used as payout for fundraiser either for Moffitt Concrete to reach final goal and Jester Bag Tag Challenge to replenish funds spent on Jester Baskets. Still have a i.o.u. one tournament from Shawshank.
awaiting final approvals by the Homeowners Association and Super-Neighborhood groups, if not approved soon may wish to reconsider, nonetheless tabled for now
New Sign/Map for Bass
Paypal Account Conrad J.
will contact Derek L.
- Sponsorship Requests
- Inquiry made about sponsorship for Southwest Mini. $50 merchandise credit for Corey's Bike Shop plus 'box' of additional assorted discs and shirts from under-utilized Moffitt Show merch./payout approved by Club to be provided in sponsorship to Southwest Mini
- Lance C. described opportunity to coordinate sponsorship with Clubs/bars near Mozola for Mozola Basket Fundraiser for anticipated Mozola Epansion
- Also need to seek to identify bars and restaurants near particular courses for sponsorships related to events held at that course
- Petition Drive for Harris County Precinct 4 Disc Golf Course Since Comm. Cagle indicates that if interest in disc golf by Precinct 4 residents can be demonstrated that there may exist a partnership opportunity to install a disc golf course on Precinct 4 park land, with Precinct 4 matching funds with private donors. Petition drive to obtain 250 signatures of Precinct 4 residents. Richard F. has drafted a petition for review and input by others including Northsiders who would conduct the petition drive. Expect to be finalized within next couple of days. Next step would be to meet with Precinct 4 parks officials.
- Club Elections Richard F. suggests that the election Schedule be Nov. nominations and Dec. elections when membership is highest
- Texas States 2013 Need to start thinking about what to do about and decide before end of June. Stay at Bass?Go to other venue? Go to other part of Texas? Anyone locally that wants to TD Texas States? Get the word out and see what happens, but push the agenda publicly that a decision needs to be made soon and if someone wants to step up, to start considering now.