August 2012 Meeting, Richard F., Conrad J., Larry K., Jim G., Chuck C.
and someone else
Financial Report Conrad J.
's report reviewed and approved by club vote
$7,683.87 is club funds
as of July 2012 meeting, not including the Basket Fund of $261
- Memberships 99, some concerns about membership card delivery discussed, need for assistance on membership cards. Mr. Ed already runs a league. Inquiries to be made re: new Membership director.
Moffitt Tee Boxes
- T-Shirts sales promote club through visibility at the Moffitt Bag Tag Challenge
New Sign/Map for Bass
- waiting approval of the specific contract by the city's legal department
Texas States Vinnie M.
provided the proposal for the Round Rock/Austin area. He had not received Chuck's Bid Form, and we sent that to Vinnie M.
with a list of "deal-breakers" asking him to review and advise if he can meet the minimums and advise regarding information from bid form:
- Must have 3 courses minimum (would consider other options which would allow 200+ participants however)
- AMs must be offered "pick your own payout" options as opposed to pre-packaged payout prizes.
- All players get to play at least 1 round on Sunday in addition to the rounds on Saturday...ie: nobody plays only 1 day.
- minimum of 175% payout to AM divisions. *Intermediate Division not required, but strongly urged.
- Of all added cash, 80% of it must be allocated to Pro divisions proportionately. The remaining 20% can be distributed by TD discretion. (The intent here is to see that there is distribution of added cash to Pro age-protected divisions as opposed to all of it being added to Open divisions only.) Age protected divisions would be offered.
- Lastly: The traditional date of Texas States must be used/retained. Texas State DGC is traditionally held on either the last weekend of March or first weekend of April depending on PDGA's needs to have us move it by one week in either direction.
- Since the meeting, Vinnie M. has submitted the following:
- Texas State Championships 2013
A-tier with possibility as a NT
(All concrete boxes with multiple tees except add 9 to Manor)
·R.G. GUERRERO Park
Met Center is privately owned and owner has approved use and ensures maintained fairways
R.G Guerrero is Austin City course and has approved use. The event would set presentence of contract for overall use of disc golf course. Maintained fairways have been ensured for use.
Manor is a Travis County park and is approved for use and ensured maintained fairways.
All divisions play 2 round of 18 on Saturday (R.G.,MET. & Manor)
Sunday 27 holes at Manor on tee times (Mike Olse will design 9 temp holes to be added to original 18)
Sponsorship (goal $10,000 added to pro purse, $2,000 added to AMs, and $5,000 added to event expenses)
·$10,000 added from private individual
·Pre event fundraising (disc, tee sign/hole sponsorship)
·Texas club & company sponsorship drive.
Division offered (max 216players)
All divisions except Recreation and Intermediate women/men
60 open men
12 open women
32 open masters (men and women)
28 advance masters (men and women)
12 open Grand Masters (men and women)
72 Advance (men and women)
·Players party during awards(food, drink and live band)
·BYP Doubles at Manor on Friday
·Lunch provided both days
·Head TD Vince Miller
·South Austin Club
·RR Disc Golf Club
Purposed dates would be in Last weekend of April (26,27,&28 )with 3 A tiers and Texas Women’s Championship before the main event.
Moffitt Bag Tag Challenge II
- Richard F. has also been in additional contact with Jerry P. (Ed. Note: as of the drafting of this meeting minute, Jerry P. has also been provided a list of the deal-breakers and Chuck's bid form).
- No word re: Dynamic Discs and Dallas from Patrick B.
- Deadline Set: Better to decide by the September meeting if sending TxStates 2013 out of town and and in any event have to decide by the October meeting if HFDS will run TxStates 2013 at Tom Bass.
During Cory's Bike Shop and DG Gorilla Tourney at Moffitt, Conrad J. will run the Bag Tag Challenge using the scores from the tournament as an additional fundraiser for Moffitt, and sell additional tags. (Ed. Note: $450 was raised at the Beltway Summer Classic)
- Sponsorship Requests
- $250 approved for DG Gorilla B Tier