I've gotten a couple of questions about this Sunday's Commando gift exchange.
Here's the rules:
- Show up at 10 am.
- Bring a new disc...wrapped or un-wrapped, it won't matter!
- I'll write your name on a gift exchange list and take your reg for the Commando.
- Once I get everyone handled and cards made out, I'm gonna offer the "floor" to anyone to say a brief prayer, I'll probaby say a few words and we'll run the gift exchange as a White Elephant thing...first person in the exchange will pick a disc off the table and unwrap it. Second person gets the option of either taking any other player's gift, or picking a new one off the table. So...in effect, the last person up has the pick of anything else.
- While we are working our way through that, anyone that didn't bring a disc will be eligible to participate in a couple of CTPs. (I'll see if I can find a volunteer to run it so I can do the gift exchange part.)
- We may do one final CTP that EVERYONE can participate in...too.
I'm estimating that we'll actually get started playing the round at 11:00 am. C'mon gang! Let's get in the spirit of Christmas!!! Bring a new disc out and let's have some fun!
As anyone that has played in the Commando Mini knows, I always express my appreciation to all of the players that turn out in support of Texas States...that tradition will continue.
Whether you show up at the Commando or not, I'm wishing all my disc golf friends, a Merry Christmas and Happy and Prosperous New Year!
(...but we're sure hopin' you show up at the Commando Mini this Sunday at 10!)