This just came in from Neal Dambra today concerning the status of "The Links" disc golf course at Quail Valley. Recently, the municipality of Missouri City acquired ownership of the Quail Valley facility and everyone has been wondering what the status of the disc golf course out there would be.
Here's the latest from Neal:
(please post where ever you want)
I just a had brief meeting at the QVCC Disc Golf pro shop. The city of Missouri City now owns QVCC and there are some changes to the rules for the Links course.
- It is (for now) considered a public park and not part of QVCC
- It is FREE to play and you do not need to check-in anywhere...just walk on.
- Motorized golf carts will no longer be available but pull carts are okay to use.
- There is no longer a dress code (but it would best for the image of our sport in the neighborhood if we avoided the no-shirt thing).
- We will start doing some subtle but more permanent marking of the tees.
- The “park” is now mowed and trimmed regularly and looks great and is even more fun to play!
- Alcohol consumption is now under the same jurisdiction as all MoCity parks. Be careful, be cool.
The option of 09 States at QVCC is still undecided, but I will find out within a week or two if it is possible to set up and use King Quail and/or Valley Classic again as temporary courses. The good news is that MoCity has hired the same/entire QVCC golf staff that formerly worked with us. This means our contacts are still in place so we won’t have redundancy of presenting the concept and sport.
Note: Pull carts ARE now allowed at QVCC and would be allowed at States.
If you have any questions you want me to ask of QVCC please forward to me soon.
281 851 8872