Re: Meeting Minutes
At the October 5, 2010 meeting at approximately 7:00 pm at Jax Grill, Mr. Ed, in his duties as Director of Compliance - Sergent-in-Arms called the meeting to Order. It appearing that approximately 7 people were in attendance, Mr. Ed proceeded with the meeting.
Agenda: (1) Regular Monthly Meeting
Old Business: (1) Club Business On-Line - tabled for discussion later, ;
(2) Financial Report - discussions of storage unit cost increase to $42 per month, Richard F. and James L. to move some inventory to Bass;
(3) Membership report - need for new membership officer, inquiries to be made with Patrick; new memberships rollover time period extended July 1st cut-off, renewals rollover is November 6th, approved by acclamation
(4) Promotions report - need for email blast list - tabled Facebook fan page an additional promotional vehicle, Conrad J. to get FB account and Richard F. to make him additional admin., agreed by all a good way to promote HFDS events;
(5) Kingwood Privatizing - Andi Y. is lead contact, tabled until add'l info. from her;
(6) Non-profit/incorporation status, Richard F. spoke with Gordon M. discussions about 501c(3) charity vs. 501c(4) civic, Waterloo is 501c(4) because compliance burden is not as great, still have tax exempt income but no tax deductions for donations which is why Waterloo Club funnels money into charties like Austin Parks Foundation and Ronald McDonald House; Richard F. suggested that club consult professional tax advisor, discussions of credibility of Waterloo Club's 501c(4) status with government, membership and public and South Austin Club's effectiveness despite remaining a private unincorporated organization. If HFDS becomes 501c(3) or 501c(4) no direct benefits like lower prices for members for leagues and events but still can have vendors give a discount. 501c(3) or 501c(4) must treat members the same as general public;
(7) Houston Flying Disc Championships, need Chuck C. re: additional information and dates;
(8) Membership cards, (a) Mr. Ed and Andi Y. working on this w/ Mr. Ed. making the cards and Andi Y. designing renewal stickers, Mr. Ed to follow up with Andi Y.;
(9) Reforestation project, need Larry K. to be present, tabled until next meeting;
(10) Mozola A, B & C proposal, has been sent to Marshall B., city has promulgated a extensive policy for Disc Golf Course proposals will need to obtain necessary approvals reviews from various entities and persons described in the City's Policies;
(11) Moffitt Concrete Tee-Box Proposal, do not have a copy of the proposal Richard F. to contact Trent R. of Houston parks Board to obtain a copy;
(12) Status of Tee-Boxes at MacGregor, - there was a vacation by project leaders with city and work crews stopped for 6 weeks, construction has begun again Mr. Ed and Jeff M. to inspect progress on Wednesday and report;
(13) Disposition of two baskets in storage that need repair, if we have a need for them to be repaired, will repair, Richard F. needs to contact Chuck C. about the inventory in the container;
(14) Inventory of the Storage unit - Richard F. and James L. to move inventory to Bass and discussions of continues use tabled; and
(15) Central Houston Mini on Sunday - cultivated 3 new memberships, not a real conflict with Commando as north-side players play the Commando, none of Commando regulars are playing in the Central Houston Mini, provides more options anyway even if they did and gives in-town players option of playing a mini w/o driving to Spring.
New Business: (1) Meeting with HPARD and BBP - Derek L. met with HPARD and Buffalo Bayou Partnership at Mozola to coordinate tree plantings, BBP requested meeting, evidence of growing credibility of HFDS with BBP and HPARD - Tree Plantings at Mozola this week and the marker and baskets for being put back in the ground this week;
(2) Oak Meadows Update - Homeowners association board is dominated by the developers at this time and it is developers that created exclusion of public from disc golf course, as more residents become board members as the development sells more houses this policy is likely to change, one resident meber of board at this time and he plays disc golf, will take years but eventually likely to get public access again;
(3) Sponsorships, $50 for SWMini accepted by Eric J., HFDS logo now on SW Mini webpage;
(4) Saturday Moffitt League - Conrad J. still willing to run and organize, some concerns about continued popularity, will see what attendance is and review.
Last edited by ERicJ; 10-06-2010 at 10:48 AM. Reason: remove copy/pasted quote box.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|